[STATSGRASS] Re: [R-sig-Geo] R + GRASS in win XP

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Aug 31 18:37:36 EDT 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Agustin Lobo wrote:

> Roger,
>
> Roger Bivand escribió:
>>  On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Roger Bivand wrote:
>
>>  It was a combination of path variables with spaces and the apparent need
>>  to call GRASS commands with *.exe extensions from within R in the GRASS
>>  shell under GRASS Tools (QGIS 0.8.1). From spgrass6-0.4-1, QGIS/msys/GRASS
>>  is supported - package revision just submitted to CRAN.
>>
>>  Roger
>>

> what does "QGIS/msys/GRASS is supported" mean? Can R be used as a Qgis
> pluggin? Also for linux?

No, only that R will work when run in the GRASS Tools -> GRASS shell
inside QGIS under Windows with the MSYS-built GRASS modules. I do not know
whether the QGIS Linux version includes a similar GRASS Tools, but if so,
the shell ought to run R in the normal way. Running library(spgrass6)
gives access to GRASS.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no