[GRASS-stats] Heuristic assignment of NODATA value in package spgrass6

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:17:47 EDT 2008

I am confronted with the situation where a raster in grass has only
NULL values.
As I am using grass and R to do simulations, this can happen under
certain situations.
I am doing calculations with these layers also in R ands consequently
I am loading these layers with readRAST6(). But when all values are
NULL in the raster, I get an error message:

> readRAST6("HSericea_seedsDisperse_2007")
ERROR: Invalid value for null (integers only)
Error in readBinGrid(rtmpfl11, colname = vname[i], proj4string = p4,
integer = to_int) :
 no such file:
/home/rkrug/Documents/Projects/AlienSpread/R/../grass/simulation/.tmp/ecolmod/HSericea_seedsDisperse_2007

I would therefore suggest that in this case, an arbitrary value is
assigned to the NODATA  argument to avoid this error.

Thanks

Rainer

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Faculty of Science