[GRASS-stats] Specify attribute column in SpatialPolygonsDataFrame when using overlay(grd, polyg)

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 08:24:02 EDT 2008

Hi

I have a SpatialGridDataFrame-class (grd) and a
SpatialPolygonsDataFrame (polyg) with more then one attribute columns,
i.e.

names(slot(polyg, "data"))

results in

"a", "b", "c", ... "z"

I want to use overlay to convert polyg into a grid, by assigning the
values of attribute column "d" to the grid.

Is it possible to specify the column name in the following overlay statement:

d <- overlay(grd, polyg)
grd[[1]] <- d

results in the values of the attribute column "d" in grd[[1]]?

Thanks,

Rainer

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Faculty of Science