[GRASS-stats] subset on spatialGrid??

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jan 22 15:22:28 EST 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:

> Hi?
>
> subset(spGRID, raster==1) or subset(spGRID, data$raster==1)
> Can I do this or something similar??
>
> i.e I'd like to avoid to convert raster to regular data.frame and use subset
> on dataf.rame due to long time of conversion

Hi,

There is no guarantee that the output is going to be a full grid, so I
suggest casting to SpatialPixelsDataFrame first and subsetting that:

library(sp)
data(meuse.grid)
coordinates(meuse.grid) <- c("x", "y")
gridded(meuse.grid) = TRUE
fullgrid(meuse.grid) = TRUE
summary(meuse.grid)
o1 <- as(meuse.grid, "SpatialPixelsDataFrame")
o2 <- o1[o1$ffreq == 1,]
summary(o2)

Hope this helps,

Roger