[GRASS-stats] Speedup of readVECT6() with plugin

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Jun 2 04:03:09 EDT 2008

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> wrote:

>> The SELinux was a red herring, I simply hadn't understood the change in
>> plugin technology. The current CVS version works for me on F7 under SELinux
>> with the plugin built as described in the wiki.
>>
>> Please try the CVS version at:
>>
>> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at r-spatial.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/r-spatial login
>>
>> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at r-spatial.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/r-spatial co -P spgrass6
>

> Dear Roger,
>
> thanks for the high speed rewrite of the interface. Downloaded and installed
> successfully (I see the new message
> "GRASS GIS interface loaded with GRASS version: 6.4.svn"
> ).
>
>> or a variant that works. The vector version looks OK,
>
> I have made the test again but cannot observe a speed improvement.
> I guess I have to debug it somehow.

Markus,

For now, the plugin= argument defaults to FALSE. If NULL, it will
autodetect, if TRUE, it will try to use the plugin or fail. To avoid
breaking things for users with a plugin but scripts that might break, I
set plugin=FALSE for now. Once we have some experience, I'll increment the
version number from 0.5-* to 0.6-1, and set plugin=NULL by default.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no