[GRASS-stats] Speedup of readVECT6() with plugin

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 2 12:00:41 EDT 2008

Dear Roger,

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
If I manually set plugin=TRUE, it fails:
> lidar1 <- readVECT6("lidar1map3d", ignore.stderr=TRUE, plugin=TRUE)
Error in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer) : Cannot open file

With debugging I found that the map is only searched in the
current mapset. In my case, however, the map is sitting in another mapset...
Would it be possible to add g.findfile there to construct the full
path to the map?

g.findfile element=vector file=gauss_random
name='gauss_random'
mapset='sqlite'
fullname='gauss_random at sqlite'
file='/home/neteler/grassdata/nc_spm_07/sqlite/vector/gauss_random'

The "file" line contains (almost) the dsn path (+ /head)

Best wishes,
Markus