[GRASS-stats] wrong values imported to R

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Thu Oct 16 16:14:36 EDT 2008

Roger Bivand pisze:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, Jarek Jasiewicz wrote:
>
>> upps...
>> I've just updated and....
>
> to what?

here are needed information:

sessionInfo()

other attached packages:
[1] spgrass6_0.5-13 rgdal_0.5-26    sp_0.9-25

R version 2.7.2

> Please include sessionInfo() output and exact GRASS version, and exact
> GDAL version (what you see when you load rgdal) and whether this is
> the old (deprecated)
I use gdal 1.4.4.0 well, I cannot used 1.5.2 due to some dependiences,
If gdal version is too old, the problem is clear
> or the new plugin. There are lots of things that could go wrong, and
> this looks like a plugin built against a different version of GRASS.
>
> This problem (r.out.bin always using 16-bit integers for CELL rasters)
> was discussed in a thread on R-sig-geo recently:
>
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2008-September/004184.html

mabye I lost it... sorry

> and resolved off-list by implementing the plugin. The CVS rgdal on
> sourceforge and spgrass6 on sourceforge also have a useGDAL= argument
> to use a GTiff for the intermediate file, so r.out.gdal from GRASS >=
> 6.3.
>
> See if gdalinfo on your GRASS raster also crashes - that would suggest
> a plugin that is not synchronised with your GRASS and/or GDAL.
well, crashes...
gdalinfo: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/gdalplugins/gdal_GRASS.so:
undefined symbol: G_no_gisinit

well, problem isn't so big I just lost discussion you pointed above

tanks for info
Jarek