[GRASS-stats] Problems installing spgrass6

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 29 15:25:41 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Dylan Beaudette
<dylan.beaudette at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 October 2008, William Hudspeth wrote:
>> Hello, I am having problems installing the latest version of spgrass6 on
>> a machine running SUSE linux 10.1. From the R prompt, I updated all
>> packages, including sp, rgdal, spatial, etc.
>> installation of package 'spgrass6' had non-zero exit status in:
>> install.packages(update[, "Package"], instlib, contriburl = contriburl,
>>
>> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,
>>
>> Thanks, William
>>

> This error probably means that you will need to first install the rgdal
> package-- which depends on a working install of GDAL library and development
> files (headers / include files / etc.).

To simplify this, try:

##### Non-Mac users:
install.packages("spgrass6", dependencies = TRUE)

##### Mac users:
install.packages("spgrass6", type="source", dependencies=TRUE)

This should fetch all dependencies.
See also
 http://grass.osgeo.org/statsgrass/grass6_r_install.html

Markus