[GRASS-stats] Scatterplot "thinning" (points reduction)?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 16 13:45:51 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am plotting elevation against temperature and have the problem that
including all points leads to heavy slow graphs... Reducing the raster
resolution is not a solution since it does not maintain the characteristics
of the graph (since GRASS is using nearest neighbor).

Since I am plotting in many cases one point almost over the other
a reduction should be reasonable - question is how to do that?

I am speaking about 3 plots in one graph, say "original", "interim"
and "final" (so, one plot() and two points()).

Any advice welcome,
Markus