[GRASS-stats] Calculating adirectional slopes

Javi Hidalgo havyhidalgo at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:18:26 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a raster file created in R using the gstat package and already exported this raster elevation file in GRASS.
I would like to know how to compute the adirectional slopes of this raster. Meaning of adirectional slope is the maximum slope in a region (i.e 3x3 neighborhood around each cell in the elevation file). Can I do that using GRASS? Is it what the function "r.slope.aspect" does, maximum slope in the region? Can I set the size of the windows, 3x3 or 5x5 etc...?
Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards,

Javier.