[GRASS-stats] problem installing spgrass6 in R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Sep 29 03:44:50 EDT 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Hamish wrote:

> Tim:
>>> * Installing *source* package ‘bitops’ ...
>>> ** libs
>>> ** arch - i386
>>> sh: make: command not found
>

> you need to install 'make' which comes with gcc etc. from the
> Xcode(?) installer.

I think Tim needs to read the available FAQs on CRAN, and read:

http://r.research.att.com/tools/

giving the recipes for setting up an OSX system for building R packages.
It isn't hard, one just needs to folloow the instructions and *never*
assume anything unless one knows more about OSX variants than the
maintainer. I think that the underlying GRASS install is broken too
(probably PATH problems) wrt. GDAL.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no