[GRASS-stats] Installing Grass on R

daniel mcinerney daniel.o.mcinerney at gmail.com
Fri May 6 17:04:28 EDT 2011

Hi Eric,
Which installation instructions are you referring to?
You should first ensure that you have GRASS-GIS installed
on your system. You'll find detailed instructions about
installing GRASS from source or an rpm here [1].

Once you have successfully installed GRASS, you should
then install the R package, spgrass6 [2]. This can be
done from within R by running the command:
>install.packages("spgrass6", dep=TRUE)

Further instructions can be found here [3]. You should
then be able to access GRASS from R [4].

Hope this is of use. Let us know if you have further
questions.

Regards,
Daniel.

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Installation_Guide