[GRASS-stats] spgrass7 support for strds?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Feb 11 11:04:58 PST 2015

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015, Vaclav Petras wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Edzer Pebesma <
> edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de> wrote:

>>> It is a brilliant idea to support spatio-temporal data in the spgrass7
>>> framework.
>>>
>>> I agree that the functions should be in spgrass7 and that they should
>>> have the same interface structure as the other read/write[RAST/VECT]
>>> functions.
>>>
>>> I never used the package spacetime or spatio-temporal datasets in GRASS,
>>> but maybe these functions could be re-used (or at least parts of it)?
>>
>> yes; and use the TGRASS (Cc: Soeren, the author), framework. Also,
>> raster stacks with time z should be of interest (Cc: Robert).
>

> GRASS GIS + R GSoC idea?

R GSoC only coordinates proposals from students now, so mentors
- developers - cannot recruit students for projects of their choice. Can
the OSGeo/GRASS GSoC permit mentors to propose projects? If so, which part
of the R/GRASS interface needs that kind of input?

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 91 00
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no