[GRASS-stats] Towards spgrass7

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:55:28 PST 2015

Dear Roger Bivand

Thank you very much for making this updated version available. I normally
use GRASS on Linux (where spgrass runs fine with my admittedly limited
testing), but I tried the examples from readVECT and readRAST on a Windows
installation. They ran without problems, with the note that I had to run
the readRAST functions with plugin=FALSE or plugin=NULL (is this because
the grass-rgdal plugin is not working properly perhaps?).

I did get an warning message when running readRAST (with plugin=FALSE),
e.g.,

> quads0 <- readRAST("quads0", plugin=FALSE)
Warning message: running command 'r.out.gdal.exe -c --quiet input=quads0
output=C:/GIS/GrassJvdS/spearfish60/user1/.tmp/unknown/quads0 type=Int32
format=GTiff' had status 1

About the help file of readRAST, one syntax change did not get through:

execGRASS("g.region", rast="elevation.dem")

This should be:

execGRASS("g.region", raster="elevation.dem")

Best wishes,

Paulo