[GRASS-stats] rgrass7: readVECT() issue with drivers other than ESRI Shapefile

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jun 18 01:28:56 PDT 2015

Dear Markus,

You have commit rights, so please consider that route. Before committing,
I increment Version: in rgrass7/DESCRIPTION, and run:

R CMD build rgrass7

in spgrass/pkg, creating rgrass7_0.1-*.tar.gz, then start GRASS 7 in the
example location (NC basic), and run:

R CMD check --run-dontrun --run-donttest rgrass7_0.1-*.tar.gz

If it passes without obvious problems caused by the changes made, I
commit.

It may be worth adding a suitable example to the help page in man/,
guarded in case some platform doesn't have the required driver on the
rgdal side. I think that GML and GeoJSON are problematic because of the
binary-string-binary conversions for coordinates, but we need working
cases to start with.

Of course, if it is more convenient for you, a diff for me to patch in
would also be fine.

Thanks for pushing (not a git pun) this!

Best wishes,

Roger

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Dear Roger,
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>> geonames <- readVECT("mygeonames", driver="GML")
>> Error in paste(gtmpfl1, shname, sep = .Platform$file.sep) :
>>   object 'shname' not found
>
> I fixed it locally. Do you want a diff or me committing it?
>
> Best
> Markus

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 91 00
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no