[GRASS-stats] v.isochrones in spgrass7

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sun Mar 15 11:09:41 PDT 2015

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015, yogeshbansal wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am able to use the v.isochrones addon in GRASS7. But if i try to use the
> v.isochrones command by wrapping it in execGRASS() it says the
> v.iochrones.exe doesn't exist. I checked the issue and what i could
> understand is the v.isochrones addon is run directly using it's python
> scritp and a .exe file for same is not stored when i install this addon.
>
> So is there any way i can use the v.isochrones from inside R using spgrass7
> package?

Yes, use system() or system2() as this should "see" the same things as
GRASS "sees".

I have no access to a Windows system running GRASS 7 with extensions and
rgrass7. You can try running parseGRASS() yourself under debug() to see
what happens when pyScripts is read. Or look at:

get("pyScripts", envir=rgrass7:::.GRASS_CACHE)

in Windows to see which values are present. As rgrass7 loads, the files in

basename(list.files(paste(Sys.getenv("WINGISBASE"),
       "scripts", sep="/"), pattern="py$"))

should be placed in this character vector, removing the file extension.

If they are not in this list and are not in the exclusion list, the
assumption is that they are regular *.exe modules.

What we do not know, is whether addons are handled properly. I cannot
check this, so need input from users who can check it.

Roger