[GRASS-stats] wish: less verbose messages in rgrass7

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:04:39 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> > ncdata <- readRAST("elevation")
> WARNING: 'cellhd/elevation' was found in more mapsets (also found in
>          <PERMANENT>)
> WARNING: Using <elevation at user1>
> WARNING: 'cellhd/elevation' was found in more mapsets (also found in
>          <PERMANENT>)
> WARNING: Using <elevation at user1>
> WARNING: 'cellhd/elevation' was found in more mapsets (also found in
>          <PERMANENT>)
> WARNING: Using <elevation at user1>
>
> ==> these warning make probably sense in a GRASS session but IMHO here
> less. They could be suppressed with --q in the respective GRASS module call.

I don't a big difference between R and GRASS case here. The root of the
problem is that the message is split into two warnings which are reported
three times, so you get 6 messages when you should get just one. It could
be perhaps just a (important?) message, not really a warning. In any case,
it is a GRASS issue.