[GRASS-stats] Running r-grass examples when building a R package

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 26 03:56:22 PDT 2022

Dear all,
I am building a R package and some of the functions use rgrass to connect to a GRASS project and run thingfs within GRASS.I have now set up a webpage for the package using pkgdown in integrated to Github actions. This means when I push new commits all the examples of R functions are run again and the webpage is updated with the results of the examples. Here is the webpage: https://ninanor.github.io/oneimpact/
All works fine, except the functions calling GRASS. When I run the examples form my local computer everything works, but in the Github actions it does not run, apparently because the command
system("grass78 --config path", intern = T)to find the GRASS folder and use within rgrass::initGRASS does not work, so the connection between R and GRASS do not exist.
Does someone in the group has experience with that and could help with hints to solve it?Is there a recommended way to make sure Github actions know where GRASS is and use it?
BestBernardo