[GRASSLIST:4446] Re: [GRASS translations] Slovenian

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 00:27:49 EDT 2004

> > I am willing to translate GRASS in Slovenian language.
> > The problem is that I am very new to this kind of
> > task. Markus promised no programming skills are
> > necessary. Is there an easy step by step howto on the
> > net.
>
> OK, I have added a new web page:
>  http://grass.itc.it/i18n.html

question:

if we change a _("text string") in the original source code, do we need
to go though all the translation sets and adjust them too? or can the
"make update-po" step somehow figure this out?

If I do that but don't have the correct encodings installed on my system
(eg for Russian) is this likely to mess up the entire translation file?

thanks,
Hamish