[GRASS translations] Simply Chinese translation

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 3 09:44:20 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 12:44:58PM +0800, wlx wrote:
> Hi List,
>      I want to translate grass to simply chinese which code is gb2312 or
> utf-8. And are there somebody that are doing it?

Currently we are not aware of anyone translating GRASS into chinese.

>      How can I start this translation and where are the document to do it?

You may just pick existing files of another language and rewrite to
Chinese. 'kbabel' for example supports also asian encodings.
Be sure to set the encoding and language first in the 'kbabel'
settings *after* having loaded an existing .po file.

Just pick the grasslibs_XX.po and grassmods_XX.po files from
here

 http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass51/locale/po/

Everybody in the list:
Please note that regular (even small) submissions are better than waiting lots of
time. This reduces extra workload of re-syncronizing the files with the
actual state of GRASS.

Thanks in advance.

 Markus

--