[GRASS translations] Presentation + pt-BR translation

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Mar 18 10:46:28 EST 2005

Hi Paolo,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 10:07:47AM -0300, Paulo Marcondes wrote:
> Marcus and ALL;
>
> I've just subscribed to the list. I finally downloaded GRASS 6.0
> source from the debian repository.
>
> I plan to compile this weekend and start translating to brazilian-portuguese.
> I see that Samuel has already started. I also talked to Carlos
> Grohmann, which is an old-time friend, asking him to work in this
> translation also.
>
> >From what I see, 3 people working on it could get it fast paced...
>
> I did not clearly understand what should be the proper method tho
> translate...If i just get the PO files or the CVS snapshot. Please
> advise.

Please suggest how to improve the web page (this is asked quite often
and I have no idea how to explain better...):

  http://grass.itc.it/devel/i18n.php
  (just updated a bit)

> As for simplifying the translation process, the hipergate.org site (a
> groupware project) has a "translation wiki" (only registered users,
> though) which I found quite nice an idea. I could look further and ask
> them advice on how to implement such an interface.
> As you are probably aware now, I did some translation for hipergate.
>
> I got a screenshot of said wiki on
> http://paulomarcondes.multiply.com/photos/photo/3/1.jpg
> --
> Paulo Marcondes
> zpaulomarcondesz at gmail period comz
> my email has no z

What about doing an experiment with Brasilian in hipergate.org?
I can't follow that in detail, but please send the .po files
to me later for CVS upload.

Markus