[GRASS translations] Re: translations digest, Vol 1 #93 - 1 msg

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Feb 2 09:04:43 EST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2006 14:40 schrieb Eve Rousseau:
> Hi everyone,

Hi,

> To Laurent : I've seen checked the different translations on GRASS, from
> Morritz Lennert tutorial, to your work on the GIS software messages, to
> most recent translations of the GDF Tutorial. Most of the time, I don't
> think it is a big problem for users as long as we manage to include in the
> documentation a file stating the correspondances between Location=Secteur,
> Mapset=Jeu de donnees, etc.
>
> To Otto, Markus : I've build such a table with the help of JD Guiguère and
> discussed about it with Stephan Holl (it's just a draft with English words
> and French translations - and I could also add Spanish translations, from
> the 'nutshell' translated by G. Martinez).
> As a simple translation tool, it's fine I think - and the wiki (or the GDF
> subversion server maybe) would be a could place for it.
> Later we could think of adding small english defs?
> Stephan had found something more elaborate as a technical solution, but I
> let you guys discuss about it since it's a lot of work setting up something
> new and since we already have many collaborative tools available here... :)

ok, Stephan will be online tomorrow again, so we wait and after we find _the_
best and easiest solution, we go for it. I think a wiki table would be
reasonable and Markus' idea to connect the table via scripting into the
repositories or maybe even language wise into the latex document :-) sounds
nice to me.

So we start tomorrow and take the table Eve and JD Guiguère built as the
initial document - ok?

    Otto