GRASS on DOS?

Doug Brooks brooks at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Fri Apr 3 12:22:41 EST 1992

----- Begin Included Message -----

From: Emily.S.Bryant at Dartmouth.EDU
Subject: GRASS on DOS?

We have just started looking into the possibility of using GRASS for an
air-photo rectification problem.  We have a copy of the GRASS 2.0 manual
(1987, I think), which indicates that a port of GRASS to DOS might happen.

Can anyone tell me whether this has happened yet?

Emily Bryant
Image Processing Lab
Department of Earth Sciences
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH

Emily.Bryant at Dartmouth.EDU

----- End Included Message -----

No ports of GRASS have been done to DOS that I am aware of.  Several people
have made claims that they could and would do it but none of them were able
to come through.

It is probably doubtful that an actual port of GRASS to DOS will take place.
If anyone has any further information, I would like to hear of it.

What CAN be done however is to utilize a DOS machine as an X-server and run
GRASS from an X-client and have the results displayed onto the DOS display.
This is much more viable.