sites data

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Wed Apr 8 07:58:23 EDT 1992

    |Someone gave me a file with three columns:
    |    northings, eastings, and elevation.
    |I would like to import this into GRASS.  Any hints?

You can import this file into a GRASS sites file as follows:

    awk '{print $2,$1,$3}' datafile | s.in.ascii sitefile

Then you can convert the site file to a raster file using s.menu.
Then  you  will have point data in a raster file and can try some
of the  surface  programs  for  interpolating  a  surface  (e.g.,
s.surf.idw)

Michael Shapiro                        U.S. Army CERL
email:   shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil  Environmental Division
phone:   (217) 352-6511  ext 526       P.O. Box 9005
fax:     (217) 373-7222                Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005