Raster Map Legends

Joe Vaughan jkv at dust.atmo.arizona.edu
Fri Apr 10 16:02:00 EDT 1992

> We would like to show a legend for a raster map on the
> screen while we view the map all without using the mouse.
> Any good ideas.
>
> thanks
> Edwin Welles
> edwin at hwr.arizona.edu

Edwin,
You could experiment with creating a script which defines a couple of frames in
your graphics window, then use d.frame to select the frame to put d.rast results
in, and then selects the other frame ( d.frame again ) and then however you
write a legend.  Also, there is a thing called Xgen: An application Interface
Generator Program, which uses x-windows, UNIX, and motif to help you build an
interface which does such things.. I've no experience, but I have a document!
Want to come borrow it to copy?  I don't know ( haven't checked ) the level of
documentation out there for it-- but cerl might have a ps file on it.

MY QUESTION:
I have a elevation bathymetry file with negative values-- which grass insists on
zeroing out, I think-- How can get all values, including the negative ones,
biased to positive so I can reclass them into categories???

Joe V