mosaics

Neel Smith nsmith at polar.bowdoin.edu
Tue Apr 21 16:38:14 EDT 1992

I'm interested in patching together a large mosaic of 8 MSS images in
3 paths.  Question:  will I be better off georeferencing each image
independently, then patching, or should I match up the images first,
then attempt to georefernce the whole mosaic?  All things being equal,
I would prefer a method requiring the least labor :-), but my main
concern is how one procedure or the other will affect the accuracy of
the resulting mosaic.  Does anyone out there have experience with
a similar problem?

Neel Smith
Bowdoin College
nsmith at polar.bowdoin.edu