New ftp procedure?

Kenneth R Brownfield brownfld at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Sun Aug 9 05:54:23 EDT 1992

|I ftp'ed to moon to copy grass4.0 and discovered that it only
|existed in 11 separate files, grassaa-grassak (rather than
|grass4.0.cpio.Z).  How does this work?  After ftp'ing these
|as binary files, do I then concatenate them into a single file
|named 'grass4.0.cpio.Z', uncompress this, then unarchive the
|uncompressed file with cpio?

     Yes.  We're only keeping the split copy on the moon now instead of the
additional single-file copy to save disk space.  All of the truly large
archives on the moon (larger than a couple of meg) will be split, but the
smaller archives will remain unchanged.
     There's a README file in that directory, but what you described is the
correct way to unpack the archive.
--
                                                        Ken.
                                           brownfld at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Kenneth R. Brownfield                     lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil
Office of GRASS Integration,               ftp-admin at moon.cecer.army.mil
United States Army Corps of Engineers           (217) 352-6511 x572
Construction Engineering Research Laboratory