m.dem.extract

Bret J. Ruby, GBL, 855-0522 RUBY%BLACK.DECnet at indiana.edu
Wed Aug 19 11:17:53 EDT 1992

I'm having a great deal of trouble using m.dem.extract to read in a
series of USGS 7.5' series DEMs.

I don't have direct access to a tape drive, so I'm reading the files
(1 file per quad) from disk by specifying the filename as the tape
device, using the default block size, and specifying file #1 as both
the first and last file m.dem.extract is to look to.

The problem is this: I first run g.region and set the geographic
coords from the UTMs specified in the file header. When I then run
m.dem.extract, the "Current Window" settings reported by the program
are close to, but do not equal the settings I specified in g.region.
m.dem.extract reads the file header OK, and reports that the file region
intersects the current region. m.dem.extract then proceeds to produce a
raster map filled with zeros.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, bjr.

Bret James Ruby				      Phone:        (812) 855-9544
Glenn A. Black Laboratory of Archaeology        Fax:        (812) 855-1864
9th and Fess Streets			     Bitnet:          bruby at iubacs
Bloomington, IN   47405 		   Internet: bruby at ucs.indiana.edu