questions on m.examine.tape and i.tape.other to run on a file!

Laxmi Prasad Musunur mlp at forestry.auburn.edu
Fri Aug 21 11:41:57 EDT 1992

	We were trying to run m.examine.tape on a file. It asked for the size of
buffer. Depending on the size of buffer no. of rows and columns keep changing.
So, what is the best way to do this?

Size of the TM image file is :  99140608
If we run m.examine.tape on this file using a buffer size of 32767
len  :  records
32767:  1-3025
20437:3026-3026

Using size of buffer: 40000
m.examine.tape gives
len   : records
40000 : 1-2478
20608 : 2479-2479

	To extract the same TM image:
	While running i.tape.other if we select BSQ format (and all bands are in a single file)
is it CORRECT to give

3026  for total number of records
32767 for the length of the longest record

	What should I enter for the end row and end column for selecting the window
to extract ?

	Do I make any sense ?
	Appreciate your help.

	Laxmi P. Musunur (LP)