S statistical package - Panel library - SGI INDIGO

Abdel-Rahman%GWGrads%GWave at vines.ColoState.EDU Abdel-Rahman%GWGrads%GWave at vines.ColoState.EDU
Thu Aug 27 18:37:18 EDT 1992

Dear grass-user;

    My name is Abdel-Rahman, i am a research associate at Colorado State
University working on my Ph.d.. I installed grass4.0 on the SGI IRIS4D OS3.3,
and i'm trying to install it on the SGI Indigo OS 4.0.1 x/motif X R4 /motif
1.1 but i have some problems either with grass4.0 or xgrass.
    i have some questions, i hope somebody kindly will answer it for me.

 1- Is any body familiar with the S statistical package, is it public domain
    package, who wrote it, what is his adress or e-mail.

 2- I succeeded to compile and run the panel library and the SG3d script and
    it works fine, although i didn't find the panel editor in the directory
    pe. I need to contact the auther of that library to ask about this
    product. Can it run on the Indigo with the noted above specification.

 3- I also compiled the modules for the ISM(interactive surface modeling) and
    ran some of them, although  the rest of them are bugged. Is anyone familiar     with these modules.

 4- Can anyone installed xgrass or grass4.0 on the INDIGO e-mail me concerning
    the compilation problems i had.

                                         Thanks.