semivariograms and such

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Dec 7 12:52:45 EST 1992

"Bruce K. Wylie (303) 490 8336" (wylie at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu) writes on 07 Dec 92:

>Some geostatistic functions such as semivarigrams and kriging would
>be nice additions to GRASS.

I have committed myself to build a semivariogram modeling tool
for GRASS as part of an independent study class next semester.
(so I guess I'm saying "stay tuned.")

Looks like I will only include a few basic models (I don't
think that I will get to anything complicated, such as mixing
models to form new ones). My current design will use the VASK
libraries for a terminal interface and an interface b/n
the GRASS monitor and GNUPLOT for the graphics.

Kriging? If I get around to it, but don't hold your breath.
Chris Skelley was working on this a while back (how's it going,
Chris?).  There's also a friend at Blackland Research Center (USDA-ARS)
in Temple, Tejas that may be starting working on kriging
(Dr. Ranjan Muttiah).

--Darrell