PostScript plotting

Don L. Sawatzky dons at usgs.unr.edu
Tue Dec 8 19:49:59 EST 1992

My original trials of large format PostScript plotting started with such
prior advise of Mark Johnson, which makes it sound so easy.  But all the
source code and documentation seems to be oriented toward a page size
plotter.  The conversion from ppm to PS seemed to generate page size color
plot when viewed on SUN's pageview.  I also have the impression that the ppm
plot would like to span several page-size plots.  I need Mark to give more
explicit instructions and application description that assure me that I am
getting a large-format, color PostScript plot.