GRASS4.0 to Arc/Info 6.1 - How?

imager at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu imager at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 11 16:00:45 EST 1992

I'm trying to bring some full scene SPOT images that were processed using
GRASS4.0 into Arc/Info v.6.1 but this file format will not be supported
(only GRASS3.0 is) until ESRI releases v. 6.2 sometime next year).

Arc doesn't seem to allow input of ASCII raster files created by R.OUT.ASCII
(and they would be way too big for our machine anyway!).

Is there a way around this problem (i.e. GRASS4.0 -> GRASS3.0 conversion
utilities)? I don't have access to Suns or ERDAS right now. I've tried fiddling
with Jeff Poskanzers PBMPLUS to create PPM and TIFFs but am unsure of the
scale relationships (I want solely the processed pixel values for every
row, col location on the image and preferably state plane referenced as
stated in the cellhd file if possible).

Thanks,

Tony Gale,
City of Austin Electric