d.rast colormap broken ?

imager at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu imager at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Wed Dec 16 14:45:16 EST 1992

Thanks to Elizabeth Cheney, Ted Samsel and Jim Gasprich for their help
w.r.t. getting raster files from GRASS4.0 to ARC/INFO6.1. However, I now
have another problem....

I moved all my colr files from the colr directory to my home directory and
back again as part of a procedure to get Arc to accept Grass4.0 rasters. When I
log on to Grass and try to display any raster files (from my and other mapsets)
the graphics display window remains blank -except for occasional pixel clusters
for full region images.

Strangely, when I display my images using another id (i.e. from a different
mapset) I have no problem..I checked the colr2 directory at this mapset but no
changes to my images have been made from this mapset (i.e. no file listing
under my mapset name in the colr2 directory).

I have tried toggling d.colormode. I know the problem is not hardware dependant
as I cannot view my raster images from within my mapset on either the hft or x-
terminals. I have checked my env settings against those for other grass userids
and they are the same. I also checked my Grass database structure but all the
files seem to be present. It seems as though my image colormap (from the colr
directory) is not reaching the display colormap for Grass but I don't know why.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem???

Thanks again,

Tony Gale,
City of Austin, Electric
Austin, Texas.