Contents of the ftp site

Kurt Buehler kurt at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Thu Feb 20 11:31:15 EST 1992

> From: Conn Copas <C.V.Copas at loughborough.ac.uk>
> Subject: Contents of the ftp site
> To: grassu-list at amber.cecer.army.mil
> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 92 12:03:53 GMT
>
> Well, we have just installed Grass under HP UX v 8.0, and like many before
> us, are thinking about customising the front-end using Motif. Naturally, we
> don't wish to reinvent the wheel. There doesn't seem to be anything in the
> public contributed directory. So what is available ?

Well...We have about 90% of a highly customizable Motif user interface to
GRASS (and UNIX for that matter) completed...
We will be demonstrating this at the User Group Meeting.

We hope to be doing beta testing starting late March.
If you are interested in beta testing this software please contact me
via email or by phone. We would be epecially interested in folks with
non Sun platforms...although the more the merrier 8^)

The display portion will come later, with a beta test starting around
Mid-July. Final release of both user interface and display stuff should
be around Oct 1.

xgen version 1.1 will be available on the ftp site *real* soon.
xgen is a tool used by non-programmer types to put Motif front ends
on command line programs...

Stay tuned for further details...

> Secondly, is the Programmer's Reference Manual (v 3.0 I believe) publicly
> available ?

Programmers Reference Manual for GRASS3.0 is available by calling
217/373-7220 (1-800-USA-CERL ext 220), we also have two other documents
that briefly describe programming changes to 4.0.

The GRASS4.0 Programmers Reference Manual will be available by ftp
around the time of the User Group Meeting (we hope...)

Kurt Buehler,  Spatial Analysis and Systems Team
USACERL, P.O. Box 9005, Champaign, IL 61826-9005
1-800-USA-CERL x449,   kurt at zorro.cecer.army.mil