'r.line' problem

Jinn-Guey Lay jinn at uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
Wed Feb 26 01:47:55 EST 1992

Hello GRASS netters,

Recently I used the watershed function of version 4.0 to
extract the streams from a USGS DEM. It turned out pretty
good. Following on that, I tried 'r.line' function,
available from src.alpha, to convert the streams from
raster format to vecotr format so that I can display them
with original DEM.

In my test, the result from 'r.line' is not quite right.
The program does convert all the streams but the result
looks like spagehtti. It always connects the last point of
an arc to the first point of the next arc with a straight
line.

Seems like not a major difficulty to fix. Yet, before
I pull out the source code to trace the problem,
just wonder has any netter found this probelm and fixed it
already?

Jinn-Guey Lay
GIS and Computer Cart. Lab
Univ. of Hawaii at Manoa