GRASS on NeXT. Anyone?

Jerry Thompson thompson at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Wed Feb 26 12:35:41 EST 1992

>  Has anybody compiled GRASS4.0 on a NeXT computer?
>
> 	roberto
>  Roberto Loro                 |
>  Dipartimento di Informatica  | Internet:  roberto at itnsg1.cineca.it
>  Universita` di Trento        | Decnet:    37962::roberto
>  Via Mesiano, 77	      | Phone: +39 (461) 882526
>  38100 Trento  		      | Fax:   +39 (461) 882599
>  Italy                        |

There are several people working on a port to the neXt. What the status is
I don't know.  They are:

Tom Clarke
Institute for Simulation and Training
12424 Research Parkway
Orlando, Florida  32826

407/658-5000

the graphics driver hadn't yet been written.
i don't know if he was working on this, or not.
they planned to use the Digital Signal Processor
(now used for sound) to generate GRASS 3-d images.
The operating system is MACH, and it uses Postscript output.
he'd talked about a stereo terrain elevation processing system

also found this guy listed on our mailing list:

Phillip Dibner
Next Computer Inc.
900 Chesapeake Drive
Redwood City, CA 94063
phone:  415-780-3742

Also found an entry in nn on osiris.cso.uiuc.edu osiris that had a category
called "uiuc.sys.next" that might be of interest.

If you have luck with this port, we would be interested in hearing about
it for mention in our newsletter.

Jerry Thompson [thompson at zorro.cecer.army.mil] Spatial Analysis Systems Team
Construction Engineering Research Labs, US Army Corps of Engineers (USA-CERL)