Site Catchment Analysis

Cliff Behrens CUSGCAB at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU
Wed Jul 1 18:18:00 EDT 1992

I have a land use/land cover classification of a SPOT XS image
for a region in northwestern Venezuela.  This area includes ten
villages.  I would like to define a catchment around each village
(an irregular polygon would be nice but a circle will do) and assign
a name to each of these catchments.  Then, I would like a list of the
total area in each LU/LC category for each of the named catchments.
Can this be done in a single step, e.g., by using a script?  Has
anyone already written such a script?  Perhaps some use of GRASS mask
layers might be used for this?

Thanks in advance of your help.