Erdas to Grass

Roger Slothower sloth at chinook.cit.cornell.edu
Mon Jul 13 11:35:39 EDT 1992

Tom Nelson
I just received your note on r.in.erdas and went in and compiled it,
no problem.  A couple of questions:

1) Why doesn't r.in.erdas show up in my g.manual list of commands
now? The command is accessible, but there is no visible clue that it exists.
I should think it would be listed in Section 4 of the commands.

2) r.in.erdas does not seem to work properly for me.  I brought a
ver. 7.3 8-bit pc-erdas GIS file (including the trailer) in GRASS4.0
on my SUN-IPC.  GRASS reads garbage for the header and core dumps
with a segmentation error, as in:

HEADER
pack type------ 0
number bands----------- 256
number cols,rows------- 0, 0
starting coordinate --- 0, 0
map type -------------- 256
number classes -------- 5632
area ------------------ 0.000000 n
map coordinate -------- -0.000000,
-78280740738063362590535738307553263616.000000
pixel size ------------ 0.000000, 0.000000

Do you want to select a subset of the bands in the ERDAS file (y/n)[n] n
Do you want to subwindow the erdas file (y/n)[n] n
The image row and column numbers are being used as the
GRASS window coordinates.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any ideas on where I am messing up?

Thanks to any and all for suggestions