r.in.erdas

Richard O. Flamm r6f at jupiter.esd.ornl.gov
Tue Jul 14 13:59:12 EDT 1992

Hello:
  I am trying to convert an ERDAS GIS file to a GRASS file.  I log into
GRASS, move to the directory that contain the ERDAS files, and type
r.in.erdas.  I enter the ERSAS file name (sam17wesgis), the trl name
(sam17westrl), and the prefix for the grass file.  The GIS files were
converted to UTM.  After I enter these, I get:
HEADER
pack type------ 1
number bands--------- 1
number cols,rows------- 652, 2897
starting coordinate --- 847, 201
map type -------------- 1
number classes -------- 11
area ------------------ 25.000000 N
map coordinate -------- 259900.000000, 3933500.000000
pixel size ------------ 25.000000, 25.000000

I answer "n" to the following 2 questions:
Do you want to select a subset of the bands in the ERDAS file (y/n)[n]
Do you want to subwindow the erdas file (y/n)[n]

After answering the second question GRASS comes back with:
UTM coordinates used remember that the UTM zone is unknown
and must be set using the grass support function on the header file.

I type return and get:
Error in reading row 201

Any ideas?  Thank you
Richard Flamm