i.cluster

Dominique Bachelet dominiq at rice.cor2.epa.gov
Tue Jul 14 17:58:29 EDT 1992

I have been trying to perform an unsupervised classif of avhrr images of Asia using i.group, i.cluster and i.maxlik.
When I run i.cluster, it generates a long output file with no comments, no units to the numbers generated etc. Does anyone know what they all mean, what the units are and how I can use this information.
Also how do you pick the initial values so that it makes sense for your data set? The tutorial gives insufficient information to really understand how the process works and suggest a data-specific set of parameters. Can anyone help me with this?