GRASS4.0 installation

Kenneth R Brownfield brownfld at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Mon Jul 27 12:02:58 EDT 1992

|	Concerning your problem with cpio you`ll need to ftp the files again
|because they were corrupted in transition. I had exactly the same problem and
|after several attempts recieved a good copy.

     If the transfer was corrupt, would uncompress not return a checksum error?
Are there many uncompress implementations out there that don't do checksums,
and are corrupt ftp transfers a big problem for a lot of people?  If the
problem doesn't lie primarily with faulty networks and questionable uncompress
utils and ftp clients, then there _may_ be a problem with the ftp server on the
moon.
     If anyone has ftp problems that they are pretty sure originate from the
moon, please send mail to me at ftp-admin at moon with the problems.  I'd hate to
do little while people transfer the entire GRASS distribution several times! :)

--
                                                        Ken.
                                           brownfld at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Kenneth R. Brownfield                     lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil
Office of GRASS Integration,               ftp-admin at moon.cecer.army.mil
United States Army Corps of Engineers           (217) 352-6511 x572
Construction Engineering Research Laboratory