ARC/INFO conversions

Nancy A. Towne towne at mc1.wes.army.mil
Mon Mar 30 09:34:12 EST 1992

	Hi Mike--
************************************

there are 2 commands in GRASS 4.0 called v.in.arc and v.out.arc
that will converting ARC/INFO coverages to GRASS vector and
vice-versa.  I have done this several times in GRASS 3.0 and we
have modified the software here for several "glitches".  I have
not tried the 4.0 version yet.
Some BTW's:  polygon coverages have to be UNGENERATEd twice,
once for points and once for lines.  There also must be a
text attribute file.  In INFO --> make sure that
CA $COMMA-SWITCH = -1 is run first to eliminate commas in the
output.

If you need more help, I can try to help since i have converted
ARC/INFO coverages (points, lines, and polygons) several times.

                 nancy
    Nancy Towne		           |  Internet: towne at mc1.wes.army.mil
    Atlantic Research Corporation  |  Voice:   (601) 634-2109
    US Army Corp Of Engineers      |  FAX:     (601) 634-3726
    Vicksburg, Mississippi         |

 o  Nancy Towne		           |  Internet: towne at mc1.wes.army.mil
o   Atlantic Research Corporation  |  Voice:   (601) 634-2109
o   US Army Corp Of Engineers      |  FAX:     (601) 634-3726
 o  Vicksburg, Mississippi         |
o   __
 o /o \/
   \__/\