site labelling

Joe Vaughan jkv at dust.atmo.arizona.edu
Tue May 19 19:47:00 EDT 1992

Friends,

I have an application which generates site files for input into GRASS.  I am
interested in having site specific labels displayed along side the icons for
each site in the list.  I have used d.labels interactively and see the ascii
file it generates, and maybe my application could generate such a file.  Is
that the best approach-- using a p.map type labels file and displaying them
with d.paint.labels?

Once I have (presumably) displayed the sites and their labels over my raster
map, is there a way to capture (exactly) with the mouse those points I choose?
d.what.rast can capture the coordinates ( approximately) but I would like a
way to capture the site coordinate I'm closest too, and its label (attribute)
also.

Ideas?
Thank You,
Joe Vaughan

               Joseph K. Vaughan
               University of Arizona
               Institute of Atmospheric Physics
               PAS Bldg, Rm 464
               Tucson, AZ    85721

I can also be reached by return mail on the internet or as
jkv at air.atmo.arizona.edu and by phone at 602/621-9663.