ERDAS to GRASS & visa versa

Kyung H Yoo khyoo at eng.auburn.edu
Wed May 20 14:52:10 EDT 1992

Date: Wed, 20 May 92 12:08:35 MDT
From: claire at storm.CFNR.ColoState.EDU (Claire Hay)
Sender: lists-owner at amber.cecer.army.mil
To: grassu-list at storm.CFNR.ColoState.EDU
Subject: ERDAS to GRASS & visa versa

Claire Hay
Colorado State Univ.

Yes, It will be a valuable resource for my work.  Send me the program. My
address is

Dr. Kyung H. Yoo
Dept. of Agric. Engr.
Auburn University
Auburn, Alabama  36849Date: Wed, 20 May 92 12:08:35 MDT
From: claire at storm.CFNR.ColoState.EDU (Claire Hay)
Sender: lists-owner at amber.cecer.army.mil
To: grassu-list at storm.CFNR.ColoState.EDU

I has some DOS software that I wrote to convert ERDAS *.LAN and *.GIS
files to bare ASCII files compatible with GRASS.  The software allows
one to specify subsets of *.LAN or *.GIS files including the extraction
of only specified channels from a multi-channel image.

The software also allows one to take a bare ASCII file which can be
dumped from GRASS and put it into ERDAS format.

As stated this is DOS software so UNIX to DOS conversions have to be
done but this is not usually a problem.

If anyone wants a copy of this software e-mail me your Postal address
and whether you can take (5.25" disks, my choice since I'm trying to dump
a bunch of extras I have).

Claire Hay
Colorado State Univ.