Erdas

Stacey Poulson stacey at gis.wsc.monash.edu.au
Thu May 21 02:37:49 EDT 1992

Hello,

I found a directory called r.erdas which looks like it should do the job,
and renamed it to r.in.erdas.  It compiled without errors but when I try
to run it  I get 'command not found'.  I also tryed MAKE.LINKS but it
had no effect.  Am I missing a step?

I found an already compiled command called erd2grass, this prompts me
for a filename and the files for the n bands (?). The manual pages aren't
very helpful so if anyone has more information on this command could you
please send me an e-mail.
Thanks,
Stacey Poulson
stacey at gis.wsc.monash.edu.au
P.S. Thank you for all the help I have already received!!

This is what the manual page looks like:
r.erd2grass \- creates raster files from ERDAS image files.
      \- creates one raster file for each band.
.br
.I (Image Development Tool)
.SH SYNOPSIS
.B r.erd2grass erdas=Name of erdas input file
 prefix=Prefix of the GRASS raster files to be created.
GRASS raster files will be named prefix.band
.SH DESCRIPTION
.B r.erd2grass
.nf
This command prompts the user twice:
First the user is asked if he/she wants to select a subset of
the bands available in the ERDAS file for output. The default   is all bands.

        Secondly the user is asked if he/she wants to select a subwindow
        of the image available in the ERDAS file. The default is the
        complete image.

Note: Remeber that it is necessary to run:
        support : To create the histogram and the appropriate color table.
        group: To associate the individual raster files as an image group.
.FI
.SH "AUTHOR"
M.L.Holko, USDA, SCS, Cart. / Geo. Information Systems Division
GRASS 4.0                U.S.D.A. SCS