m.dem.extract woes

Richard O. Flamm r6f at mtqgrass.esd.ornl.gov
Fri May 29 16:22:55 EDT 1992

m.dem.extract

 I'm still getting errors from get_int and get_float when I run d.dem.extract.

 The machine I am running on is a SUN SPARC II.  I ran m.dem.examine and
my coordinate system is UTM and fits within the window.

 The get_int and get_float errors occur after reading the DEM for the
14th 7.5 minute quadrangle (GREENS CREEK).  When I run a m.dem.examine, the
output of the 14th quad is followed by additional files.  For example:

GREENS CREEK

min. elevation 589.000000 max. elevation: 1503.000000
ns_res:0.000000 ew_res:0.000000
# of columns in file = 809773872

File north UTM = 3917021.5000
File South UTM = "a number"
FIle east  UTM = "a number"
File west  UTM = "a number"
DILLARD, GA-NC            1988
min elevation: -Inf max elevation: -Inf
ns_res:-Inf ew_res:-Inf
# of columns in file = 0

File north UTM = 0.000000
File south UTM = 9999999.000
File east  UTM = 0.000000
File west  UTM = 9999999.000

 The Dillard quad was read in already (and looked similar to the
standard output as GREENS CREEK above.  But after Greens Creek, Dillard
shows up again as above.
 Could these additional files be part of my problem?  When I ran a
m.tape.examine these additional files also had a different blocksize.
 Also why are'nt the quads that appear to be run successfully written
out to a file?

Thanks
Richard Flamm
ORNL