paint drivers

Mark Greenaway mark at cres1.anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 2 15:50:46 EST 1992

Does anyone out there have any drivers for paint that use compression.
I was thinking of TIFF or whatever.
	The reason is when I create an A3 300 dpi ppm image the file size
is in excess of 50Mb.  I then convert it to PCL and print it out on our
HP PaintJet XL300.
	If I could get a driver for TIFF it would mean that the files
would be a lot smaller and my printer can print TIFF files with minor
modifications.

Mark Greenaway                            ___  /\  Telephone: +61 6 249 4668
Centre for Resource and                __/  /_/  \  Fax:      +61 6 249 0757
Environmental Studies (CRES)          /           \
Australian National University (ANU) /             \
GPO Box 4 Canberra ACT 2601         /               \
Australia                           \               /
                                     \     ___    */ <= Mark at CRES ANU
E-mail: mark at cres.anu.edu.au                    __
                                                \/