Circle generation

Allan Axon aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov
Thu Nov 5 07:41:22 EST 1992

I am using GRASS 4.0 from the US Geological Survey.  They have a module
called s.poly which makes vector polygons or circles from a sites file.
We have the executable on our Sun at the Ohio Survey, but not the source
code.

Allan Axon
Ohio Geological Survey
4383 Fountain Sq. Dr.
Columbus, OH  43224
aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov

Help,

I thought that in GRASS3.0 there was a module where you could
generate a circle (in vector form) by specifying an x,y location
and the radius of the circle.  I cannot seem to accomplish this
task easily within GRASS4.0.  I can get a vector circle by
specifying a site location, converting to a raster map, then
using r.buffer and finally r.poly.  I am certain that I did it
much easier before, but cannot find the module to do it in 4.0.

I tried d.mapgraph but cannot get circle, only point defined polygons.
Besides, these graphics appear to only be graphics, I want to save
the circles as a vector file for later use.

I imagine I have just over-looked something and would greatly
appreciate any insight anyone could provide.

Thanks in advance.

Mark