MAPGEN-info

Nancy Greeley ngreeley at hanover-crrel.army.mil
Thu Nov 5 16:19:43 EST 1992

I wrote to the GRASShopper list a long time ago offering a file that contained
an assortment of mapgen replies which I had collected from the list over
a period of time.  I originally offered it to the one person who asked about
MAPGEN at the time.

I got about a hundred requests from other list users for the file...it was
sort of overwhelming...and I never have quite gotten to do a mailing to
multilple people on the list (whose requests are now in yet another
file...).

Joyce has shamed me into putting this file of disorganized mapgen info onto
the list for all to see.  If you are not interested in mapgen, hit control-c
now and erase this message.  I'm sorry to those of you who are not interested.

NO REPLIES OR THANKS OR ADMONITIONS OR THOUGHTS ARE NECESSARY IN RETURN!

-Nancy Greeley

ps.  of course i'm open to any ineresting communications...      /.  .\
                                                                   <

Besides the MAPGEN software that is distributed with GRASS4.0, you
might want to ftp to charon.er.usgs.gov and download the most recent
version of MAPGEN and its related programs.  This anonymous ftp site
also contains additional documentation (the USGS Open-File Reports on
MAPGEN) that is not distributed with GRASS.  Although there is a far
bit of material to read over, I have found it to be very thorough.  The
installation instructions are also relatively straightforward.  I don't
use any HP pen plotters but there appears to be drivers for such
devices in the MAPGEN package.

cheers!
MARK

Mark J. MacLennan                       INTERNET: maclenna at geog.buffalo.edu
Department of Geography                 BITNET:   C008HK8J at UBVM
State University of New York
Buffalo, NY   14261                     "The City of No Illusions"
716-636-2722